White Terlano asparagus risotto with Tropea onions and balsamico vinegar
(for four servings)
- 250 g Carnaroli rice
- 15 large white Terlano asparagus
- grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 Tropea onions
- 100 g chicken stock
- 1 l chicken stock
- cold-pressed olive oil, salt and pepper
- white wine
- balsamico vinegar (well aged)
Finely chop the onions and sauté in oil. Add the warm stock, boil for two minutes and then put everything in the blender and mix. Strain and allow to cool. Add salt, oil and pepper to taste. Pour into a soda siphon charged with three carbon-dioxide cartridges and place in cold water with ice.
Cut the tips off the peeled asparagus and put on one side. Boil the stems in plenty of water and make a creamy sauce with the blender. Cut the asparagus tips into fine strips.
Glaze the rice in hot oil, quench with a little white wine and add the chicken stock. When the rice is al dente, add the asparagus sauce and the strips of the asparagus tips.
Finally, work in the butter and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Giancarlo Perbellini (2 Michelin stars) - Ristorante Perbellini
Don't you have the wine Quarz?
Select your wine and find the related recipes
"Delicate as the fine inclusions of quartz in Terlano’s volcanic porphyry rock – that is our Sauvignon Selection, which does full justice to its name. Quarz offers a combination of fine texture, depth and salty aftertaste that has given this noble white an international reputation."
More recipes related to the wine Quarz
- Terlaner wine soup
- Wild garlic jelly with asparagus mousse, caramelized eel, morel cream sauce and morel foam
- Cauliflower cream with asparagus tortelli, freshwater crayfish powder and freshwater crayfish
- Char on white asparagus, pea stock, mint and char roe
- Tripe with filet of veal and asparagus crisps
- Spiced lobster and grilled white Terlano asparagus with pancetta sauce and roasted pistachio nuts